Welcome to Rain & Lucky!
To access your Rain & Lucky account at any time, click here, or go to the Parent Login on our website.
In your account you can:
- View the full Rain & Lucky calendar for the year – please take note of important dates, including end of year concerts, and fun events like our fundraisers!
- Register for additional classes
- Update your card details
- Update your address (we send out birthday cards and other surprises)
- View your statements
- Check your class schedule, and lots more.
We are always happy to hear from you. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call/text us on 0411 316 724.
Please join our Facebook group for an easy way to keep up with our news and events: Rain & Lucky Students & Parents.
Direct Debit Payments
Direct debits occur on the 1st of each month, from February to December. Unless you add any items to your account, it will be the same amount each month, regardless of the number of weeks in the month. This includes school holidays, since the payment plan is averaged out over 11 months. You can always find fee information here. You may change or update your card details at any time yourself by logging into the portal here. Tuition is non-refundable, and no credit will be given for classes missed.
Correct uniform is required for every class, except adults classes and Stardust Level 1, which only require ballet shoes. Rain & Lucky uniform is available to purchase directly from the school. You can view the uniform here. We recommend booking a time with us the week before your class, particularly if enrolling at the start of a term. Please ensure all personal items are named.
Hair Female ballet students aged 5 and up must wear their hair in a tidy ballet bun for every class. This is a requirement for attending our ballet classes, and is an important part of the etiquette and culture of classical ballet. For other classes, hair should be tidy and worn off the face. We can show you how to do a ballet bun if you don’t know – you may also find this tutorial helpful. There are hair-kits available to purchase at the studio if you need one. We encourage students to learn to do their own hair as soon as they are able, to take pressure off parents.
Weekly class minimums for ballet
Students wishing to study ballet from RAD Grade 2 and above must take at least two classes per week. We pride ourselves on the high technical and artistic standard of our ballet students; this cannot be achieved with one hour a week. As we are teaching a set syllabus, it is also very hard on the teachers and twice-weekly students, if there are once-weekly students in the class. We have created our Ballet Foundations class for those who can only commit to once per week.
Our learning programs are structured as per these Progression guides; class placement is at the discretion of Rain & Lucky in the interest of safety and best progression.
We know how keen our girls are to get into pointe shoes! This special art form takes years of preparation; students must be taking at least two hours of ballet weekly from around age 8. It is vital to train carefully and safely towards this goal, which is not achieved automatically once a certain age is reached. Every student is assessed individually by a dance physiotherapist when they are ready for pre-pointe training, at the discretion of our expert teachers.
DanceStep, Aspire and Assessment programs
We are pleased to offer a number of special additional programs for students. Please get in touch if you’d like more info on any of the following:
- Royal Academy of Dance assessments (ballet students aged 6 and up)
- DanceStep student teacher training program (all dance students aged 10 and up)
- Aspire – Elite Classical Ballet Extension Program (ballet students aged 9 and up, audition-only)
We strongly encourage all students to study ballet, and all ballet students to work towards Royal Academy of Dance (RAD) annual assessments. You will be delighted with the advantage this gives them in terms of progress and achievement. Assessments at our studio are a very positive experience for children.
All students, except for Stardust Level 1, take part in our concerts – this is the highlight of the year for all our students. (Level 1 students do not formally participate, but have an opportunity to dance on stage at the Stardust Concert). These dates are available to view in the Rain & Lucky calendar in your online account.
- Mid year concert: Friday 21st June at Darebin Arts Centre – Upper School Senior Division selected classes
- Spring Showcase: Saturday 14th September at Darebin Arts Centre – selected classes
- End of year Stardust Concert: Saturday 30th November at Ivanhoe Girls’ Grammar – Stardust L2 & 3 students only
- End of year Junior School Concert: Saturday 7th December at Darebin Arts Centre – Upper School Junior Division
- End of year Senior School Concert: Sunday 8th December at Darebin Arts Centre – Upper School Senior Division
School Terms & Public Holidays
Our classes follow the Victorian school terms. Classes do not run on public holidays. This has been factored into tuition costs, but in the interest of student development we do offer make-up classes for public holidays. Please note public holidays in advance and email us to book a make-up if you wish. These must be taken within the same term and do not roll over.
- Term One: Mon 5th Feb- Thur 28th March (No classes: Mon 13th March – Labour Day)
- Term Two: Mon 15th Apr – Sat 29th June (No classes: Thur 25th Apr (ANZAC Day) & Mon 10th June – King’s Birthday)
- Term Three: Mon 15th July – Sat 21st Sept
- Term Four: Mon 7th Oct – Sat 14th Dec (No classes: Tues 5th Nov-Melb Cup)
We have an exciting year planned for students, including performances, workshops, fundraisers, discos, and lots more. These will all be available to view in your Rain & Lucky account.
- School Holiday Programs: Jan 22nd-25th, April 9th-12th, July 9th-12th, October 1st-4th
- My Magical Mum Day (Mother’s Day Fundraiser): Sunday May 5th
- Presentation Week (Fairfield): May 13th-18th
- Presentation Week (Preston): May 20th-25th
- Parents Watching Week: May 27th -June 1st
- Senior School MidYear Concert: Friday June 21th
- Junior School Disco: June 29th
- Bring a Bloke Day (Father’s Day Fundraiser): August 25th
- Spring Showcase (selected students): September 14th
- Photo Day: Sunday November 10th
- Stardust Concert: Saturday November 30th*
- Upper School Junior Concert: Saturday December 7th
- Upper School Senior Concert: Sunday December 8th
- Free for All Week: December 9th-14th
*Stardust Level 1 doesn’t formally participate, but we give them an opportunity to come up on stage and dance free-form at the concert, which they love!
Cancellation/Dropping a Class
You may cancel your enrolment or drop a class at any time by giving Rain & Lucky written (email) notice by the 10th of the month. If notice is received after the 10th, the next month’s tuition will be charged for. Re-enrolment is only possible pending class availability.
Water Bottles and Toilet Breaks
For Upper School (school-aged) children, water bottles must be brought to every class. We want our kids to stay hydrated but to minimise class disruptions, students will not be excused from the studio to get a drink. For Stardust (pre-school) classes, please ensure children have been to the bathroom before class. Please do not bring water bottles to these classes as they become a distraction.
Inclusion and friendliness
Rain & Lucky is a friendly, inclusive environment. Our values include delivering excellent training within a friendly, supportive, respectful and creative environment. Behaviour contrary to this will not be tolerated – this includes respect shown towards teachers, other students and between parents as well.
In the interest of student safety, please do not bring any food containing nuts to our studios.
Injury/Medical Condition/Learning Differences
Any condition which may affect a student’s learning, performance or safety within a class should be reported to the office prior to the student commencing class (or as it becomes known). It is the parents and/or student’s responsibility to inform staff of any conditions which may affect the student’s participation in class. If an injury or illness occurs during class, it is the student’s responsibility to inform the teacher. Our studios are equipped with first aid kits and will always have at least one qualified first aid officer on site. In the event of an emergency the parent or guardian on file will be contacted immediately.
Amendments may be made to these policies at any time and without notice.